One of our favourite things here at Nutcessity is seeing people loving out nut butters and using them in their wonderful food creations. So, when we saw Marianne's gooey stuffed caramel cashew cookies, we just knew her incredible recipe had to make a feature on our website. Be sure to follow her at @cocoa_and_the_berry on Instagram for more mouth watering creations! Find out how she did it below.
Makes 6 cookies
- 4 g milled flaxseed
- 3 tsp warm water
- 30 g vegan margarine
- 35 g nut butter
- 60 g granulated sugar
- 55 g brown sugar
- 35 ml nut milk
- 75g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 10 g cocoa powder
- 25 g @kin_nutrition vegan chocolate protein powder
- 35 g Nutcessity caromel cashew butter
1. To make the flax egg, stir the flaxseed into the warm water and place in the fridge for 15 minutes.
2. In a bowl, mix together the margarine and nut butter, then cream in the sugars.
3. Beat the flax egg and nut milk into the butter-sugar mixture.
4. Sieve in the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder, and add the protein powder into the bowl then gently combine. Refrigerate the dough for 1 hour.
5. Preheat the oven to 170C fan and line a baking sheet.
6. Form the dough into 6 round disks on the baking tray, add a small spoonful of caromel cashew butter onto each one, then close the cookie dough around the filling.
7. Bake for 15 minutes. Once out of the oven, leave on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring onto a wire cooling rack.
Each cookie contains:
245 kcal ( 30C/ 11F/ 7P)